Sunday, January 13, 2013

缇庡浗浼楃 American Gods_048

He went back into his bedroom. She had stretched out now, on top of his rumpled covers. Shadow opened the window and then passed her the cigarettes and the matches. Her fingers were cold. She lit a match and he saw that her nails, usually pristine, were battered and chewed, and there was mud under them.
Laura lit the cigarette, inhaled, blew out the match. She took another puff. "I can't taste it," she said. "I don't think this is doing anything."
"I'm sorry," he said,coach canada outlet.
"Me too,cheap air max 1," said Laura. When she inhaled the cigarette tip glowed, and he was able to see her face.
"So," she said. "They let you out."
"Yes."
The tip of the cigarette glowed orange. "I'm still grateful. I should never have got you mixed up in it."
"Well," he said, "I agreed to do it. I could have said no." He wondered why he wasn't scared of her: why a dream of a museum could leave him terrified, while he seemed to be coping with a walking corpse without fear.
"Yes," she said. "You could have. You big galoot." Smoke wreathed her face. She was very beautiful in the dim light. "You want to know about me and Robbie?"
"I guess."
She stubbed out the cigarette in the ashtray. "You were in prison," she said. "And I needed someone to talk to. I needed a shoulder to cry on. You weren't there. I was upset."
"I'm sorry." Shadow realized something was different about her voice, and he tried to figure out what it was.
"I know. So we'd meet for coffee. Talk about what we'd do when you got out of prison. How good it would be to see you again. He really liked you, you know,nike air max express. He was looking forward to giving you back your old job."
"Yes."
"And then Audrey went to visit her sister for a week. This was, oh, a year, thirteen months after you'd gone away." Her voice lacked expression; each word was flat and dull, like pebbles dropped, one by one, into a deep well. "Robbie came over. We got drunk together. We did it on the floor of the bedroom. It was good. It was really good."
"I didn't need to hear that."
"No,pink foamposites? I'm sorry. It's harder to pick and choose w

No comments:

Post a Comment